Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council has already decided to spend £200m for the improvement of highways, infrastructure, outdoor leisure facilities, play areas, schools and parks. The good news for Pontypridd and other County Borough towns is that an additional amount of £7m will be invested for the further development of school buildings, and sport and play facilities. This decision, which will be presented to Full Council on the 1st of March 2017, aims to enhance the quality of school and play features in Pontypridd and other RCT communities.
To date, Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council has managed to:
1. Provide free public access wi-fi installation in the Council’s libraries
2. Bring major improvements to a number of leisure centres contributing to a significant increase in the number of Leisure for Life members
3. Create Over 30 new or improved play areas
4. Improve school buildings and facilities to over 60 schools
5. Deliver three new 3G pitches in Mountain Ash, Pentre and Tonypandy
6. Resurfacenumber of footways and carriageways – including the £1.2M investment on Rhigos Mountain Road
7. Do future Proofing of a number of key highway infrastructures such as Fiddlers Elbow bridge
8. Develop key strategic projects such as Taff Vale redevelopment and the Cross Valley Link
The County Borough Council makes continuous effort to establish functional facilities in Pontypridd and other RCT communities and therefore, to make Rhondda Cynon Taf a better place for everyone!