Your Pontypridd Ltd is a non-profit organisation that is responsible for investing in improvements for Pontypridd town. The company was established as a result of the BID ballot process in February 2016. It is a Business Improvement District (BID), a business-led and funded initiative which generates approximately £80,000 in funding per annum which is spent on improving the town centre the way that businesses choose. The company's actions aim to lead the town of Pontypridd to economic and social success, and to reconnect the community to its town centre.
Your Pontypridd has managed to improve access to the town and enhance visitors experience by launching £1 Saturday all day parking in all long-stay car parks from April 1st 2017 and by improving traffic flow by in Gas Lane Car Park by changing the parking to 4 hours no return. In addition to that, the company has enabled shops' customers to stop in the town for 20 minutes before 11 am.
Apart from improving access and experience, Your Pontypridd has achieved to offer better marketing and promotion to the town centre by organising and marketing an entertaining programme of regular events in Pontypridd Town centre and by developing university links by advertising businesses in University's Fresher's Fair. Your Pontypridd has also created the Town Centre Website, which does not only provide information about the latest news in Pontypridd and about a vast range of events in Pontypridd, but also promotes businesses and developments in the town. In Christmas 2016, Your Pontypridd has incentivised people to shop in Pontypridd Town centre, through a prize draw offer where they could win up to £300. Working with the town council, Your Pontypridd has increased provision of Christmas Lights in the town centre.
Your Pontypridd is also devoted to supporting businesses in the town centre and in 2016 it has managed to reduce business rates by 5% as a consequence of Marks and Spencer's closure from April 2017. To enable staff to park easier and cheaper, Your Pontypridd has reduced Parking rates for staff in NCP Parking from £8 to £2.50. The company has developed strong partnership with Pontypridd Town Council and RCT, and has given a voice to the concerns of businesses with planning application such as the Taff precinct. In its first year, Your Pontypridd has managed to attract additional funding to supplement the BID income.
Your Pontypridd promises to take measures and implement practices for the further improvement of the town centre. Our Pledges for 2017:
ACCESS AND EXPERIENCE
- to explore upgrading the parking payment technology in partnership with RCT,
- to improve the appearance of the town centre through planting flowers
- to improve the appearance of gateways such as Gelliwastad Road and Broadway
- to widen the extension of Christmas lights in other areas of the town centre.
MARKETING, ENTERTAINING AND REWARDS
- to organise more events that increase footfall in Pontypridd and benefit businesses
- to develop a video campaign that will change perceptions about Pontypridd.
- to continue to market and advertise businesses in the town centre through social media and Your Pontypridd's website
- to support and market existing events
BUSINESS THEME: REDUCING COSTS AND SUPPORT
- to develop collective purchasing scheme to reduce overheads such as merchant fees, waste and utilities to offer
- to provide social media training and assistance in building a strong online presence, to
- to create an information pack for existing and new businesses and to
- to attract further funding and sponsorship.
By being a member of Your Pontypridd BID, you provide your business with Free Marketing and Advertising and cheaper parking, as well as supporting and advising on growing your business. You can also have a voice on where the money is invested and you can be represented by a company that is lobbying to improve Pontypridd. By contributing to the BID, you can attract footfall to your business by participating in events in the town centre.
With your support Your Pontypridd aims to integrate the town of Pontypridd, and to make it a better place for everyone, promoting what the town has to offer.